Application Specialist, PSS2
Job Title: Application Specialist
Department: Strategic Planning and Management
Division: Division of Enrollment Management
Reports to: Director of Strategic Planning and Management
Position: AFT PSS2
Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 14,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is only the second university in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree granting programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Its business incubator also supports that mission. The University boasts seven colleges--William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics.
The Application Specialist is responsible for supporting the adoption, application, and enhancement of Rowan University’s Strategic Enrollment Management system(s). The position works within a team that collaborates with groups across the University to recommend business process improvements through use of technical solutions. The Application Specialist will assist in, database maintenance, end user training, and platform management to support student services. The Application Specialist will also assist with generating reports and communicating outcomes. The position also works with other technical agents to leverage data and streamline platform functionality to enhance student experiences. Related work as required.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business needs and design solutions based on those requirements.
- Proactively identify and assist with operational and technical improvements, enhancements, and system customizations.
- Educate users on new advancements and product offerings
- Generate reports and dashboards for users and senior leadership across business lines.
- Assist with administrative functions such as user on-boarding and security, data integrity, system maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Assist in establishing and managing protocols for standard operating procedures and monitor systems for proper compliance.
- Manage multiple high priority projects as directed.
- Research and implement the latest industry standards and best practices.
- Assist preparing end-user documentation and conducting training.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Planning and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience with computer systems.
- Experience with database-driven applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong orientation toward teamwork and ability to influence others; thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge or interest in learning SQL, HTML and/or CSS.
- Previous experience with CRM platforms, document imaging software, and other information systems.
- Experience working with marketing and digital communications platforms.