Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- Collaborate with leadership in reporting on and analyzing Suffolk University’s Strategic initiatives.
- Help maintain institutional databases and data warehousing used in institutional reporting.
- Operate a variety of software packages for data management and statistical analyses to support critical efforts in data visualization informing decision making.
- Effectively collaborate with a wide range of institutional constituents in regard to data management and reporting. Clearly communicate findings through reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations to support constituents.
- Masters Degree or 2 to 3 years professional experience
- Institutional Research and experience within higher educational systems preferred
- Knowledge of Statistical Packages (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA)
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., Pivot Tables)
- Data Visualization Skills, Tableau preferred
- Knowledge/Experience with database management software is a plus e.g., Python and SQL
- Please submit a cover letter with your application to receive consideration.
Suffolk University is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Research Analyst in our Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. The Research Analyst will join the OIRA, working under the supervision of the Associate Provost, and will support the accurate, timely, effective, and efficient delivery and communication of research and reporting of institutional data. The analyst will work collaboratively with university leadership in utilizing data analytics to inform strategic initiatives and in the evaluation of such efforts. The analyst will assist with the systematic organization of data, data utilization, and reporting systems and the management of relational databases.
Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.