Director of Counseling Services
SALARY: $90,354.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 4/21/2021
CLOSING DATE: 5/12/2021 11:59 p.m.
UNIT: Administrative - Grade Level 8
DEPARTMENT: Student and Enrollment Services
REPORTS TO: Executive Dean, Student and Enrollment Services
- Provides leadership to the Counseling faculty and administrative support staff.
- Leads and supervises a staff of professional and support personnel in the provision of counseling services, including the development of annual goals and evaluation of performance.
- Facilitates professional training for Counseling faculty and administrative support staff.
- In accordance with guidelines issued by the American Counseling Association (ACA), directs the development and provision of professional counseling services.
- Ensures that the department’s programs and services comply with federal and State statutes and regulations as well as standards issued by appropriate professional associations such as the ACA.
- Coordinates responses to crisis situations and requests for intervention with students as well as support for students with psychological, emotional, and behavioral challenges, and serves as a core member of Middlesex College's Behavioral Intervention Team.
- Develops the departmental budget and manages expenditures.
- Develops, establishes, and maintains liaison relationships with other departments and external agencies.
- Works to ensure Counseling department goals, processes and procedures are in alignment with the greater Student and Enrollment Services mission and strategy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Psychology, or related field
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker with current license to practice in New Jersey
- Supervisory experience
- Three years of experience in counseling college students or young adults
- Experience working at an educational institution
- Working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504
- Doctorate in Counseling, Psychology, or related field
- New Jersey Licensed Psychologist with current license to practice in New Jersey or eligibility to seek a license to practice in New Jersey
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible