HVAC - Classification Mechanic I
SALARY: $53,878.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 4/21/2021
CLOSING DATE: 5/12/2021 11:59 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director, Buildings and Systems
1. Under direct supervision, inspects and reports the repair and maintenance of assigned areas primarily for HVAC systems.
2. Complete responsibility for performing skilled work in the repair and inspection of the HVAC equipment including chiller and building controls systems.
3. Assists in the selection of tools and equipment to perform assigned tasks.
4. Reads and interprets plans, diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and codes in order to make decisions for action.
5. Estimates materials to complete a project or maintenance task and furnish the information to the supervisor.
6. Maintains and provides information for preventative maintenance records.
7. Performs minor carpentry and painting work in the repair/construction/renovation of facilities, furniture and fixtures. Performs minor landscape construction and grounds maintenance.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Five years of verifiable experience in industrial and commercial HVAC equipment repairs, installations, and preventative maintenance
• Electrical experience in controls
• Universal Certification for refrigerants
• Trade school/apprenticeship certificate
• Knowledgeable in all phases of Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
SCHEDULE: First Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison