Course, Classroom and Registration Coordinator
Title Course, Classroom and Registration Coordinator Posting Number S00774JP Department Registrar Job Summary
The Course, Classroom and Registration Coordinator is responsible for managing the process for all course and program proposals and revisions, including (but not limited to): processing all proposals through curricular software at appropriate stages of workflow, serving on the Curriculum Implementation Committee ( CIC ) as Secretary, maintaining the database (and associated information) for course registration, assisting with the management of course registration, organizing, maintaining and coordinating campus classroom information, and researching and verifying material for the curriculum portion of the College Catalogue, and assisting with all functions within the Office of the Registrar.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience Requirements and/or Equivalents
1. 3 or more years of experience coordinating an office, with preference given to individuals who worked in an educational setting;
2. Solid experience with data systems, preferably educational systems such as Banner, Cognos and EMS ;
3. Solid experience with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel;
4. Must be flexible and adaptable and able to work on several projects at once. Must be able to handle pressures and constant deadlines and work with a sense of urgency on all projects. Must be able to take the initiative and move ahead with projects independently.
5. Must be highly organized.
Standard Work Days and Hours
The Office of the Registrar is open M-F 8:30 to 5. This is a non-exempt position. Some occasional overtime work is expected, especially during registration and other peak times of the year.
Bowdoin embraces diversity in all forms, and the College is home to talented students, faculty and staff—with a variety of racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; religious beliefs; and gender identities, among other factors.
We encourage applications from candidates committed to the support of an inclusive campus community and those who will enrich and contribute to the College’s multifaceted diversity. We value a community in which individuals of all backgrounds are warmly welcomed and encouraged to succeed.
Founded in 1794, Bowdoin has maintained its commitment to the liberal arts for well over 200 years. Bowdoin’s reputation as a preeminent liberal arts college rests on the excellence of its faculty, students, and staff; intimate size; strong sense of community; and connections to the people, history, and natural beauty of Maine.
Bowdoin’s campus is situated in a beautiful natural setting. Located in Brunswick, Maine, a town of approximately 20,000, the College is a short drive from the Maine coast, twenty-five miles from Portland and 120 miles from Boston.
Shift Employment Category Full Time Year Round FTE 0.94 Benefits Eligible Yes Pay Type Hourly Background Check Package Requirements Support Staff Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Bowdoin vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job? No Is a pre-placement physical required for this position? No Posting Date 04/14/2021 Applications Accepted Until Open Until Filled Yes Type of Posting Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicants EEO Information
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment, admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected statuses.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island