Junior Systems Administrator
The University of Colorado Boulder Police Department (CUPD) encourages applications for a Junior Systems Administrator to support maintenance, upgrades, and training for new and existing personnel on systems and software. This position also contributes to the innovative utilization of existing and emerging technology to support business needs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The members of the University of Colorado Boulder Police Department (CUPD) are dedicated to providing the highest quality police services in order to improve community safety, protect life and property, and reduce crime and the fear of crime. To do this, we pledge to develop a partnership with the community, to lead a community commitment to resolve problems, and to improve the quality of life for all CU affiliates. The CUPD is a full-service police agency with 46 sworn and 36 non-sworn employees providing community-based public safety services to a diverse community of 36,000 affiliates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. Every year the department responds to approximately 20,000 calls for service and ensures the safety and security for all of their PAC-12 Conference athletic events with attendance at football games exceeding 50,000 fans. Patrolling the campus by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, and vehicle, the CU Boulder Police work diligently with the University community and surrounding agencies to ensure a timely and coordinated law enforcement response.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide first-level incident resolution and request fulfillment for all ISC users. Triage issues based on the level of criticality, complexity, and efficiency of viable solutions given available resources.
- Manage technical support for desktops, laptops, and cellphones. Ensure all end-user equipment is kept under active warranty, contacting vendors when a warranty issue is identified.
- Act as a systems administrator to support department infrastructure, including processes and procedures.
- Address user issues with department software and equipment, using available resources.
- Communicate and partner with external vendors and university departments to ensure the successful completion of projects.
What You Should Know
- This position will require a background investigation including completion of a personal history questionnaire, criminal background check, motor vehicle records check, an Excluded Parties List System check, polygraph, psychological evaluation, integrity interview, credit check, and a reference check.
- This position requires availability to be on-call during evenings and weekends using a department-provided cell phone and laptop per pre-determined schedule.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $70,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Operations, Computer Programming, Electrical, and Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information systems, Mathematics, Business or a related field. Relevant experience can be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- One year of experience as an IT Professional.
What You Will Need
- Superb communication skills and a record of providing outstanding customer service to all levels of an organization.
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the diverse constituencies of the campus community.
- Highly effective time management, collaboration, and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Detailed understanding of networking, servers, desktops, and virtual clustered environments, as well as building access systems.
- Familiarity with Prowatch building access software, NetMotion remote access software, Maas 360, and Tyler Technologies records management system (RMS).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Basic scripting knowledge (Powershell, etc.) for automating tasks.
- Familiarity with enterprise storage solutions and configurations (iSCSI SANs, network-attached storage, etc.).
- Experience managing a clustered virtualized environment utilizing Microsoft Hyper-V.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1.A current resume.
2.A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 5/4/2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com