Are you looking for an exciting and fulfilling career as a Medical Assistant ? Wardenburg Health Services at CU Boulder encourages applications for a Medical Assistant! Medical Assistants receive an excellent compensation package including paid vacation and sick leave, medical, dental and life insurance, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understand and are committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness. The Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Provider Support, Patient Care, & Customer Service
- Interview patient for primary complaint, acquire appropriate vital signs, and detail pertinent medical history in the Electronic Medical Record during the patient intake process, including but not limited to historical data collection of previous allergies, updating patient’s medication list, significant medical history, and learning barriers.
- Implement provider's plan of treatment for patients of all ages primarily late adolescent and early adulthood population.
- Assist in direct patient care procedures and give prescribed medications and immunizations. Call in prescriptions and complete prior authorizations.
- Assist nurses and providers during procedures based upon proficiencies in Medical Services. May also assist with front office duties on a rotating basis.
- Familiar with the location of the crash cart and is available to assist the RN and Provider staff in a code situation.
- Stock the exam rooms on a daily and as needed basis. This includes infection prevention and cleaning of the rooms between patients.
Point of Care
- Perform POC tests on patients on a regular basis. Proficiency tests will be done once a year. Documents tests in the EMR to reflect accurate charting and charging.
- Documents and charges the EMR of all procedures, POC, treatments, and administered medications.
- All COVID vaccine administration will need to be documented in CIIS.
What You Should Know
During August through May, this position is anticipated to work 40 hours per week and may work some Saturdays. During June and July, this position will work 20 hours per week.
What We Can Offer
The hourly pay rate for this position will depend on Medical Assistant certification. For non-certified candidates, the starting salary is $17.00 per hour; for certified, starting salary is $17.50 per hour.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Proactive. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution by date of hire and eligibility to obtain a Medical Assistant registration/certification within six months of hire.
- BLS certificate (upon hire or can be obtained within three months of hire).
What You Will Need
- The position requires basic digital literacy (experience of Windows-based systems).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membership from National Health career Association (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 3rd, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu