Vice Chancellor for Admissions
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: Incumbent is responsible for leading the campuses and online in attaining admissions goals, in particular inquiry conversion to enrollments, and enrollments to new student matriculation at or above plan. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position and in all admissions roles: regulatory compliance, quality services to all stakeholders; staff development, market expansion, strategic planning; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion. This position requires up to 75% travel.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- The Chief Admissions Officer for the University is responsible to achieve new student enrollment targets for each campus and SUO each enrollment period.
- Participates in marketing planning, advertising strategies, product development, and training needs.
- Provides counsel to Campus Presidents/Directors regarding campus and online admissions activity, admissions personnel issues, admissions staffing ratios, training and enrollment performance. Leads the development of enrollment management training.
- Mentors and advises campuses and SUO in all areas of student recruitment.
- Leads the management of the University leadership development program for admissions. Develops career path alternatives for admissions personnel designed to promote and increase staff tenure.
- Primary responsibility to develop and execute strategies for meeting/exceeding admissions plans/goals for SUO and SUG.
- Responsible for implementation of admissions strategies, accountability standards and meeting structures within the admissions department as well as identification and implementation of technology tools to aid in performance management.
- Holds regular progress review meetings in person and/or via video technology.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will be accessible to a major airport due to this position requiring up to 75% travel.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience successfully managing a sales effort, preferably as a Director of Admissions or related admissions position, and university-related admissions functions.
- Sales management/selling intangible product experience in lieu of university admissions will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Inspire, motivate and lead a multi-location admissions team.
- Listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Desire to travel to campus sites. Travel is 75%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Bachelor's Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Savannah