Graduate Library Information Specialist - Public Services Associate
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Graduate Library Information Specialist - Public Services Associate Department Steely Library Compensation Title Position Number 30012730 Position Status Temporary Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm
Hours per Week up to 24 hours per week Months per Year renewable each semester based on funds availability Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The Public Services Associate will bring a broad user-focused perspective to key public services areas—Access Services, Research Help, and Information Literacy Education. This temporary staff position will contribute to library services that support and advance student success, inclusivity, retention, and the university’s Quality Enhancement Plan focused on information literacy. The Public Services Associate is responsible for high-quality and consistent customer service at the library’s primary public service point and will participate in a suite of Research Help services, including in-person and virtual research assistance and research consultations. The Public Services Associate will also contribute to special projects in the Education & Outreach Services and the Access Services departments.
This position is an ideal, hands-on experience for a graduate student in a library and information science program. The position is up to 24 hours per week, from 8-4, M-F at the NKU campus in Highland Heights and is renewable each semester based on funds availability. The supervisor will work with the successful candidate to determine the weekly schedule. The start date is flexible, but ideally the candidate will begin in June.
• Provides high-quality customer service at the main public service point.
• Provides research tutoring, both in-person and online.
• Facilitates research consultations as requested.
• Develops content for projects relevant to information literacy.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of key issues and trends that affect academic libraries or higher education.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Knowledge and understanding of key issues and trends in research help services.
• Ability to manage projects and adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Exemplary interpersonal and written communication skills plus a demonstrated commitment to professional development/achievement.
• At least one semester of completed graduate coursework from an ALA accredited library/information science program.
• At least one year of customer service experience.
• At least one year experience working in a library environment.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree Minimum Experience 1 year Salary $15.00 per hour Pay Grade N/A
Requisition Number 2021S1350 Job Open Date 04/20/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10250 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport