Manager for Career Events
Classification Title: MGR, Career Services Job Description:
Manages, coordinates, and executes career fairs and events that align with the Center’s strategic priorities to advance career development and experience/opportunities for students. Responsible for the day-to-day management of career fairs and other recruitment programs including logistics, marketing to both students and employers, reporting, and career events student staff supervision. Overall, aids in the programming of 15+ career fairs per academic year to advance the mission of the career center.
Responsible for center’s career events collaboration model with campus, designing planning structures, communication standards, and effective technology use practices. Provides consultative services to career center staff and other campus members to support the execution of niche career events to support the needs of the diverse student body.
Serves as a recruitment coach. Identifies, develops, and maintains relationships with new, active, and inactive employers in order to increase the recruitment activity within the University of Florida. Works with campus stakeholders to provide support for employers coming to campus to recruit. Works within the career center’s industry engagement plan to engage with industry and contact back to campus Serves as a coach to aid organizations in developing their recruitment strategy.
Aids in maintaining quantitative and qualitative records for various types of recruitment interactions for assessment and reporting purposes to demonstrate impact. Responsible for tracking and reporting on engagement for industry stakeholders. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of employment trends and appropriate career development information. Incumbent maintains budgetary records related to the position.
Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor and higher authorities in the department and division. Lives out the career center’s values in all aspects of their job functions.
Career Connections Center Values:
- We advocate for all aspects of diversity
- We actively foster community
- We empower professional growth and personal care
- We are driven to make a purposeful impact
- We carry a spirit of creativity and innovation
- We play!
Master’s degree in an appropriate field and two years of experience or a bachelor’s degree and four years of related experience. Training: Certified Career Services Practitioner (CCSP) to be obtained within the first year of employment.
EDUCATION & TRAINING: Master’s degree in marketing, management, social sciences, student personnel, or human resources (HR)
- Two (2) years of experience (minimum) in event management, marketing, sales, career development, or HR
- Experience working inclusively with diverse populations
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of industry relations, employment trends, student development, career services, marketing, and outreach strategies
- Skilled in computer applications
- Facilitative skills - Interpersonal skills
- Events management, communication skills, helping skills, relationship management, and program development
ABILITIES: Ability to work independently and contribute to a team
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and reference list.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge