Senior Budget Analyst
- The Senior Budget Analyst provides leadership with all phases of budget services, including budget preparation, formulation, presentation, execution, and financial management policy.
- Performs technical calculations and analysis to prepare all parts of the annual budget submission including developing revenue and expenditure assumptions, cash-flow projections for all campus activities and self-supporting and/or fee funded activities.
- Maintains accurate accounting records and analyzes funds to identify possible trends which may result in surplus or shortfall.
- Supports monthly budget v actual variance analysis as well as regularly updates intra-year revenue and expense forecasts.
- Prepares reports, forms, and schedules in response to requests for information from legislative analyst, state agencies, and higher education institutions.
- Partners with Chief Budget Officer in financial analysis that supports strategic initiatives and in response to inquiries from College leadership.
- This position reports to the Chief Budget Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or a related field from an accredited college or university; Minimum of five (5) years of progressive, relevant work experience in budgeting and accounting operations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data, develop financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending, and the ability to produce results analysis.
- Strong ability to interpret financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions.
- A strong financial systems background with proven experience with financial reporting systems and computer applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft products to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. The final candidate(s) are subject to a pre-employment background check.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in higher education, non-profit or with other Maryland state agencies is helpful.
- Experience with Banner or similar ERP system is preferred.
- Knowledge of Financial Management Information Systems is a plus
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore