Lead Research Coordinator
University Code 34114 University Title Senior Clinical Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Lead Research Coordinator Position Number 578980 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Internal Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
• Assist in the development of policy and procedures and provide guidance to all Internal Medicine PIs and their staff, as well as assist other divisions as assigned with same.
• Take initiative in combining administrative and clinical experience, knowledge and skills to make independent decisions in actively strategizing to develop effective processes across the enterprise with internal as well as external stake holders to maintain high functioning research teams within the division and the school.
• Supervise and manage the performance of an assigned group of coordinators.
• Provide orientation, training and mentoring of new research team members, and to PIs and laboratory staff as necessary.
• Be responsible for the compliant coordination of all aspects of clinical research activities including registries.
• Collaborate closely with all members of the clinical research team, under the general direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), resolving issues, finding solutions and ensuring that all federal/state/local and institutional requirements are followed in the Department of Internal Medicine while meeting the demands of the research.
• Take vital signs, process phlebotomy and specimens, and distribute medication as necessary.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in science/medical related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Clinical skills training for basic care partners
• Advanced knowledge of FDA regulations and guidelines
• Four or more years of clinical research experience required
• Professional judgment and ability to make sound decisions.
• Exceptional leadership, communication and collaboration skills and ability be effective with all levels including patients.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Effective supervisory skills.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse environment.
• Ability to develop core competencies in taking vital signs, process phlebotomy and specimen and medication distribution.
• Experience in supervision and training
• Active clinical licensure such as: CMA EMT, LPN, RN
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a diverse work environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
.Advanced degree in public health or administration. Good clinical practice training. Certified Clinical Research Professionals /Certified Clinical Research Coordinator certification and experience in data collection related to health profession. Experience in database development, REDCap, Access and SPSS .
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours weekly Normal Work Days/Hours 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Job Open Date 04/21/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104060 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe any experience you have with working independently
or managing research projects.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your experience working with clinical
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience pertaining to Institutional
Review Board (IRB) submissions and communications with an
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application