Hourly Research Assistant
Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU1199 Working Title Hourly Research Assistant Department Oral Health Promotion & Community Outreach Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $11.00 - $15.00 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 5 - 7 Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the coordination of the mixed-method study that will examine vaccine hesitancy among parents and providers in select Virginia counties. The research assistant (RA) will help in recruitment, data collection, data entry and management, and other duties as assigned. The RA will have the opportunity to work with community partners and help in community engagement and dissemination activities.
• Experience with research, recruitment and data collection
• Strong communication skills with the research team and community participants
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Ability to complete and comply with CITI online Research Ethics and Compliance Training
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
• Interest in community or public health research and experience using data softwares such as RedCap, excel, SAS
• Experience with data management
• Enrolled in graduate program
• Available on weekends or outside regular hours
• Have drivers licence and or can travel to the community
Job Open Date 04/21/2021 Remove from posting on or before 04/26/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include a resume and cover letter when submitting an application.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105317 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3