Trades Specialist - Plumbing
University Code 17122 University Title Trades Specialist 2 University Job Family Facilities Management ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Trades Specialist - Plumbing Position Number 545680 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Plant Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU Facilities Management is seeking to hire a Trades Specialist – Plumbing within the Physical Plant unit.
The Trades Specialist-Plumbing performs maintenance and repair work for the University using skills and experience gained in the plumbing trade to ensure the efficient operation of the buildings; responds under direction or independently to service work orders that address repairs and equipment failures related to plumbing that involve building equipment and systems such as circulating pumps, DI systems, steam converters, heating and chilled water lines, process water lines, regulating valves and plumbing fixtures of all types using assorted plumbing parts and techniques; also expected to perform other work such as carpentry, general maintenance, room turn overs, etc.
Minimum Hiring Standards
This position duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Trade or other schooling in Plumbing required
• Superior knowledge of advanced plumbing systems
• Must be able to work rotating on-call shifts and able to work in inclement weather and when there is a designated emergency
• The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
• Computer literacy
• Proper p-card management and documentation
• Operation of various equipment including vehicle, snow blower, etc.
• Ability to solder or weld variety of plumbing connections
• Plumbing courses, basic and advanced training or equivalent combination of extensive plumbing work experience or preferred equivalent combination
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
Working knowledge of other trades
Required Licenses/ Certifications
• Valid Virginia driver’s license
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Must have at least a Plumbing Journeyman’s card and Backflow prevention certification or ability to have card and certification within the first year of employment
Anticipated Hiring Range $40,000 - $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV and Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm, on call and occasional weekend work Job Open Date 03/25/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Trades/ Housekeeping and Operations Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104613 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a valid Virginia driver's license or eligible to
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond