University Code 34211 University Title Research Administrator/ Senior Research Administrator University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Administrator Position Number 592400 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Medicines for All Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
At Medicines for All (M4ALL), we combine academic ingenuity and industry practicality to improve access to safe, effective, and affordable medicines. We are inviting mission oriented applicants who are motivated to support our research through the position of Research Administrator.
This position will be responsible for supporting the research administration excellence and is part of the Finance and Administration team supporting federally funded research projects and serving as a reference point for the M4ALL team on Uniform Guidance, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and government contracting requirements. This includes the following responsibilities:
• Preparation of sponsored program budgets and application forms for new research projects and for financial reporting to existing research sponsors.
• Close review of sponsor requirements and overall grant application support to the M4ALL team.
• Detailed analysis of award agreement and contract documents, as well as other documents M4ALL might receive. This can include Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and reporting templates.
• Administration of department sponsored program records, and closeout of
sponsored program accounts.
• Process sponsored programs in compliance with local, state, university,
and federal regulations.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Previous knowledge and experience in working with grant and contract procedures and accounting (grant/contract proposal forms and university internal documents).
• Knowledge and experience in working with local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
• The ability to consistently adhere to standard accounting policies, procedures, and best practices.
• Ability to apply and interpret university and federal policies, procedures, laws, and regulations to M4ALL’s research programs.
Skill requirements include: Excellent computer skills in the use of MS Office with emphasis on Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and MS Word documents.
Abilities: Ability to be precise, thorough, reliable, work independently, adapt to frequent changes in rapidly evolving research projects, and possess the abilities to reason, think logically and analyze situations to propose and implement resolutions for problems or concerns.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills necessary. Outstanding oral and written communication skills required with demonstrated proficiency in making presentations to both internal and external audiences.
• Ability to read and interpret documents including contracts, compliance requirement documents, federal laws and guidelines, solicitations, non-disclosure documents, teaming agreements, requests for proposals, and policies and procedures manuals.
• Ability to assist with preparing budgets, reconciliations, financial reports, and project closeouts as required.
• Must have exceptionally strong communication skills and ability to effectively and clearly answer inquiries from M4ALL team members, external partners and members of the VCU community
• Ability to maintain effective communication with multiple audiences at all levels in the M4ALL and VCU hierarchies.
• A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that includes demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
• Experience working in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Prefer Degree in Business or related field
• Certified Research Administrator ( CRA )
• Knowledge of Banner, electronic research systems
• Experience working with multiple federal agencies
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $55,000 - $70,000, dependent upon qualifications & experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours/week Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 04/21/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105423 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe any experience you have with the
administration of research grants and contracts.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience creating and maintaining Excel
spreadsheets for financial record keeping.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What interests you most about this position? Please
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond