Study Group Facilitator
Position Title Study Group Facilitator Pay Grade Level FLSA Benefits Department Academic Support Campus Location Escanaba Min Salary Max Salary FTE
Position Type Student Job Summary/Basic Function
Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them to clarify course content and improve study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, brainstorming ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to teaching.
- Must be a Bay College Student at time of employment
- Demonstrated competence of course content in which tutoring is to be conducted (having earned at least a “B”, and/or an above average recommendation from instructor).
- Good interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
- Demonstrated level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
- Demonstrated appropriate and professional behavior.
- Basic computer literacy with the ability to use video conferencing software like ZOOM .
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and/or experience in a tutoring program.
- Knowledge of academic and academic support needs of community college students
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work situations.
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, tact and discretion in dealing with college students as well members of the local community.
- Good organizational skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to respond with judgment and discretion to common inquiries or problems from students
- Students enrolled full-time will be given preference
TRIO Math Science Specialist
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Mobility around the campus is a normal part of the position’s functions.
Provide tutorial and academic support services for students in a group setting.
Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Bay College Catalog and the Tutor Training Manual.
Participate in an initial training program and in any on-going training.
Organize, facilitate, and track tutorial sessions.
Participate in projects such as workshops, training materials, or outreach projects to develop Bay College’s repertoire of services.
Maintain communications with staff and coordinators.
Attend tutoring staff meetings.
Participate in program evaluation.
Assist in maintaining and cleaning tutoring rooms and reception area.
Assist with the general operation of the center. Tasks include reproducing reference materials, greeting students at the front desk and organizing tutors’ reports.
Take on additional responsibilities as assigned by the program manager.
Maintain competence in the course(s) via systematic review of content.
Participate in professional development activities
Any other duties as assigned.
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, Human Resources Specialist
Contact Phone/Extension 906-217-4016 Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Fax 906-217-1625
Posting Number Posting Date 04/21/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings https://careers.baycollege.edu/postings/632 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you comfortable leading study groups of 3 or more
- * Please list any skills, specialties, experiences, or
certifications you have that are relevant to tutoring and / or your
subject area (e.g. MLA citations, lab reports, Microsoft Excel,
Photoshop, technology, online coursework/Blackboard, etc.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What subjects do you feel that you are competent to
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list your availability for tutoring: (times of day and
days of the week)
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position requires you to be a student of Bay College. Do
you intend to be a student of Bay College at time the tutoring
position would begin?
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba