Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons University, a Boston NCAA Division III institution is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, 12-month professional position for an Athletic Trainer & Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Applicants should be capable of aiding the head athletic trainer with the coordination of the athletic training facilities and areas related to the prevention and care of athletic injuries for student-athletes within 9 varsity sports. In addition, the staff assistant is responsible for oversight of the campus wellness program, Fit@Simmons.
1. Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the day-to-day operation of the athletic training room; including prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic related injuries, and practice & game coverage;
2. Oversee the implementation of Simmons Wellness program;
3. Administer first aid and emergency techniques to injuries;
4. Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the maintenance of medical records, insurance forms, and other appropriate duties related to administration in the athletic training room;
5. Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in developing and fostering a positive relationship with the coaching staff and student-athletes;
6. Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in developing and maintaining communication with the University Health Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and other external healthcare resources;
7. Maintain a positive working relationship with all administration, coaching, and institutional personnel;
8. Upholds confidentiality for student-athletes and their well-being;
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics, or Head Athletic Trainer;
10. Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the University community;
1. Bachelor's or Master's degree from accredited Athletic Training program required;
2. Athletic Trainer Certified by the NATA and eligible for MA licensure in Athletic Training required;
3. 3-5 years of athletic training experience at the college level;
4. Knowledge of NCAA regulations;
5. Certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association;
6. Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills;
7. Requires afternoon, evening, & weekend hours combined with business hours and moderate travel;
8. A valid driver's license is required.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Athletic-Trainer_R07509
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.