Target Hire Date
- 0 days ago
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
There are several administrative openings within the College, mostly within the area of Academic Affairs. You will work with a vibrant and fast-paced team of professionals. Below is a list of broad responsibilities with further clarification of specific positions based upon your personal passions and preferences.
The area of Academic Affairs is the largest portion of Emerson College and has the greatest influence on the College's impact and mission. There are several administrative assistant openings within the School of the Arts.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Calendar Management
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Generate and send notifications, confirmations, assignments,
surveys and analyze results/responses
- Serve as a point of contact for questions from students,
- Assist with the hiring process of new instructors
- Track and organize data and responses
- Compile and analyze data
- Assist with projects and other duties as needed
Other Responsibilities Could Include:
- Collate data and plot out a prescribed course schedule of 200
- Event Management
- Copy Editing
- Budget Management
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing calendars and schedules.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Google Suite.
- Fluent with webinar technology such as Zoom
- Ability to work autonomously and receive direction
- Ability to promptly identify and resolve issues using
constructive problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with
personnel at various levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
You'll be Preferred If You Have:
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Experience working with multiple databases and platforms
(Banner, WorkDay, Cognos, Salesforce, etc.)
- Advanced excel skills handling spreadsheets (pivot tables, V
- Experience working remotely
- 3-5 years of event management
- 3-5 years of travel management
- 3-5 years of budget/expense management
Salary is commensurate with experience and position requirements.
These positions will be exclusively represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 888 for purposes of wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Grade of Position: A14N
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $42,750.00 - $44,700.00
This position will be exclusively represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 888 for purposes of wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Administrative-Assistant_JR002513
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: email@example.com
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range