Term Instructor - Marketing
Department of Marketing
Harrison College of Business and Computing
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in marketing, including professional selling. (Non-Tenure Track normal teaching load is 15 hours per semester of instruction delivered on the main campus and may involve online instruction.)
- Ph.D./DBA, ABD, or Masters in Marketing or a closely related discipline (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver highly effective teaching for a variety of courses in marketing including professional selling
- Demonstrated ability to teach online
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Evidence of highly effective communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through both Center for Teaching and Learning as well as Southeast Online. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended, online and HyFlex formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2021. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by May 24, 2021.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online by clicking on the position you wish to apply for at the below link, then click on the APPLY button at the top of the page: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names, telephone numbers, addresses, and e-mail addresses of three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Marketing may be found at: http://www.semo.edu/marketing. The Department of Marketing has 16 full-time faculty and approximately 630 undergraduate student majors. It is part of the Harrison College of Business and Computing which has accreditation with AACSB, NIBS, ABET, and NSA Designation and has approximately 1750 undergraduate students and 230 graduate students.