Manager of Institutional Research
Job Title: Manager of Institutional Research
Reports to: Vice President of Student and Institutional Affairs
No. of position: 1 (one)
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Vacancy #: AF-Int-53-2021
Position Announcement close date: May 5, 2021
American University of Afghanistan (AUAF), which is located in Kabul and funded in substantial part by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is entering a new phase of its development with a rapidly increasing enrollment. We offer both a challenging and rewarding environment for faculty and staff. Current enrollment figures are approximately 1,000 students. The Office of Student Affairs is an integral part of the university's plans to provide student support services equivalent to those found in American colleges and universities but reflecting the special needs and circumstances of a unique Afghan student body.
The Manager of Institutional Research coordinates and implements institutional research and archiving of information for the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF). S/he will build an institutional research infrastructure that will support all dimensions of AUAF's planning, budgeting, reporting, and accreditation processes. S/he will also work as a key player on multiple committees, working with stakeholders from across the university. S/he will work closely with all members of AUAF's senior leadership team.
Key outcomes include:
- Standard internal and external reporting (standard annual and periodic reports, standard surveys, course evaluations, etc.).
- Planning and special projects (may include decision support studies, benchmarking, enrollment projections, and revenue projections).
- Act as a key team member in university activities relevant to educational and institutional effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include but are not restricted to the following:
- Establishes and oversees policies and processes for the university's institutional research and archiving.
- Educates faculty and staff on a fact-based and data-driven decision-making culture.
- Collects, maintains, and analyzes institutional data, which are necessary for effective management and
- academic decision-making.
- Assists with data generation in the development of quality assurance and risk management processes.
- Provides institutional data for the national, disciplinary and (eventually) US accreditation processes.
- Tracks and provides data for donor community.
- Assists in document preparation and preparation of summaries and other materials as requested, in particular contributes to the regular reports, for instance reports for accreditation, the Ministry of Higher Education, USAID, and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Produces and interprets data for senior administration in support of operation, evaluation, and planning.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of the new strategic plan.
- Creates and maintains an archive of processes, plans, and reports.
- Assists in the refinement and analysis of student course evaluations and evaluations of staff, departments, and programs.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of seven (7) years' experience in institutional research or information systems are required, preferably in a higher education setting; or Master degree with a minimum five (5) years’ experience in institutional research or information systems are required, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and to interpret and clearly present the results to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work on an institutional level as well as in cooperation with individual departments.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical software for data analyses such as SPSS, SAS, R or related statistical software
- Experience with student information systems and archiving of information protocols desirable.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment.
- Computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and database and data analysis applications
- Strong research skills including design, implementation, and reporting.
- Highly developed organizational skills including time-management, leadership, project management, and decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skill.
Benefits and Environment
This is an exceptional opportunity to work at a developing university in an emerging and rapidly changing society.
The American University of Afghanistan offers a very comprehensive benefits package some of which are detailed below;
- Competitive base salary
- Post Hardship allowance (when in Afghanistan)
- Mobilization package (flights and shipping allowance)
- International health care insurance
- Visa and work permit
- Attractive R&R and leave package
- Living accommodation on AUAF campus
Afghanistan is classed as an austere environment and can be very challenging. Applicants should expect high levels of safety and security which will involve movement restrictions. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, applicants who can perform a combination of both remote and physical on site working MAY be considered.
AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants. If you are asked for a recruitment fee or offer employment in exchange for money, kindly bring this to our attention using email account email@example.com providing the details.
AUAF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
AUAF strives to ensure that all employees work in safe environments, but safety and security are to a great degree contingent on various factors within Afghanistan that are outside of AUAF’s control. Applicants should carefully consider and evaluate their personal safety and security in Afghanistan.
To apply, please send as a single PDF or Word (doc.) format: a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV), to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, include Vacancy#: AF-Int-53-2021- Manager of Institutional Research in the subject line of the email, otherwise, the application will not be considered. This position is open until filled. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Manager of Institutional Research
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly