Full Time Nursing Faculty
Helene Fuld College of Nursing (HFCN) Instructors are dedicated to excellence in teaching and they have the desire to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at HFCN are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty, and staff.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Participate in department and college curriculum development.
- Deliver classroom, web-enhanced, and/or online course instruction.
- Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
- Participate in department accreditation and review.
- Engage in scholarly and other professional development activities.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I & II
- Parent-Child Health Nursing
- Psychiatric Community Mental Health Nursing
- Foundations of Nursing
- Social Science Statistics
Course assignments include day, evening, weekend hours; and any combination of the aforementioned and online learning.
- College Paid Vision
- College Paid Life Insurance, Short Term, and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Voluntary Benefits including Legal, Identity Theft Protection and Pet Insurance
- Master’s degree with a major in nursing, nursing administration, nursing education, public health nursing or a nursing specialty (This requirement is waived if applying for the Spanish or English roles, a masters degree would be required in that discipline); AND
- Two full-time years of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level; one year of nursing work experience at the professional level must be within the five years immediately preceding the application date.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Teaching experience
- Recent acute care medical-surgical nursing experience or long term care experience
- Understanding of holistic health and healing principles
- Higher education teaching experience with a diverse student population
- Experience with learning communities or team teaching
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience incorporating technology into curriculum delivery, including web-enhanced and online instruction
- Experience developing and using student-centered, active, and experiential learning strategies
- Experience integrating cross-cultural and interdisciplinary perspectives in course instruction
- Experience assessing student academic achievement of campus-wide and classroom learning outcomes
- Experience with accelerated adult learning
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Education Administration & Leadership Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City