COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY FACULTY
Brazosport College, a two-time Top 10 finalist for the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence and Achieving the Dream Leader College, seeks a dynamic and innovative Computer Technology Faculty member for a nine-month, non-tenure track position. Start date is August 17, 2020.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Division Chair, Business Administration and Computer Technology;
- Developing and teaching computer technology classes using traditional and alternative delivery methods;
- Preparing curriculum, including writing syllabi, developing new courses, selecting textbooks, etc.;
- Assisting in the advisement of students;
- Serving on various assigned college committees;
- Summer teaching opportunities as enrollment dictates; and
- Supporting the college’s student success initiatives.
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related area from a regionally accredited college;
- interest in alternative instructional delivery methods;
- demonstrated ability in working with culturally diverse populations;
- excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- other qualities, experiences, and skills that enhance one's value to the institution; exceptional employment or educational qualifications may be given special consideration as long as Southern Association (SACS) minimum educational credentials are met.
Three (3) years of non-teaching, wage-earning experience in a computer field; Teaching experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Technology at the community college level.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lake Jackson
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lake Jackson
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lake Jackson