Student Services Manager
The Student Services Manager is a key member of the Student Services team and works directly with the Director of Student and Academic Services to provide essential services to the student body. This includes prospective students, enrolled students, applicants, and alumni. Responsibilities include information collection and tracking, compliance management, international student advising, student communication management, event management, and overall general student services support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following, but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
• Serve as Designated School Official in SEVIS and manage an international student advising caseload to include assistance with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT) processes for international students
• Serve as designated Title IX Coordinator; managing all aspects of Title IX and “Enough is Enough” training implementation, programming, and training, as well as incident reports to ensure compliance with NYS and Federal law
• Oversee insurance and immunization requirements and annual reporting to NYSDoH
• Serve as a point person for students with disabilities, assist with arranging for and managing accommodations, and liaising with/advising faculty on disability services
• Assist students who require mental health assistance, including referrals to professional support when necessary
• Stay abreast of changes in accreditation and legal requirements (best practices) as they relate to student service mandates and ensure the Institute is in full compliance
• Collaborate frequently with other departments to assist in the development and distribution of welcome and orientation information to incoming students
• Manage the communications to students via the Institute’s LMS system
• Assist with facilitating the tracking and needs of continuing and visiting students and those of online and hybrid MA students
• Work with appropriate departments to plan, facilitate, and oversee program-related campus events such as: new student orientations, graduation, panel discussions, student socials, etc.
• Serve as the primary contact during the above-mentioned events including problem-solving, resource allocation, and promotion which will require evening and occasional weekend/evening attendance
• Attend general staff meetings and serve on committees as assigned
• Support and embrace diversity
• Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to be present in the workplace
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment, with competing demands and a variety of projects and levels of responsibility
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion
• Ability to maintain current certification in CPR and first aid
• Ability to pass a background check
Education, Work Experience, and/or Licensure
• BA required; MA preferred
• Minimum of two years prior student services experience within higher education necessary
• Experience with international student advising and basic understanding of SEVIS platform strongly preferred
• Experience with Title IX compliance preferred
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Professional written and spoken language skills are needed • Excellent public speaking skills
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and downstairs, crouch, stoop and reach
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Basic academic classroom and office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sotheby’s Institute of Art – New York reserves the right to modify this job description in its sole discretion.
BrandEd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for Student Services Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Art Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Art History Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City
- Other Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New York City