Lecturer 10 months - Communication (Public Relations)
The Communication Department is home to numerous faculty and staff members dedicated to providing students with engaging and meaningful classes for future educators. We offer video production, audio/radio, communication studies, media management, journalism, and public relations at the undergraduate level.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Paid leave provisions including sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Chair, the successful candidate will:
- Primary teaching responsibilities will be principles of public relations, public relations case analysis, public relations writing, introduction to social media, and public relations campaigns;
- Provide formal academic advisement to students, including verifying course selection and degree progression;
- Contribute to department including regular attendance at department meetings;
- Be aware of, understand, and follow all university policies.
- Masters degree in communication, public relations, or related field;
- Demonstrated proficiency in teaching;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission;
- Terminal degree in communication, public relations, or related field;
- Teaching experience in public relations;
- Experience with instructional technology
- Successful professional experience in the public relations industry is highly desirable;
- Interest in, and commitment to, community engagement
- Demonstrated commitment to the university, division, and profession.
This is a 10 month, full-time, temporary, UUP represented lecturer position beginning Fall 2021.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Media Studies Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Public Relations & Advertising Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia