Lecturer 10 months - Visual Arts & New Media (Animation & Illustration)
The State University of New York at Fredonia Department of Visual Arts and New Media (VANM) seeks a talented, collegial, and enthusiastic Lecturer for its Animation & Illustration program. Animation & Illustration is a vibrant degree program in Fredonia's Visual and Performing Arts Department with a growing number of BA and BFA majors. Ours is a unique curriculum in which animation and illustration are linked together to support the development of artists with wide-ranging skills. VANM students take classes from foundational courses in drawing, 2D, 3D, and digital arts to advanced courses focused on personal creativity and expression in animation and illustration.
Rewards & Benefits
Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
Paid leave provisions including sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
- Reporting to the Chair, the successful candidate will do the following:
- Contribute to curriculum development and refinement;
- Provide academic advisement to students
- Participate in committees and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession;
- Available for instruction and advising at least four full days a week
- Teach a series of courses in the Animation and Illustration curriculum depending on skills and experiences. Courses could include Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced Illustration and Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced Animation (both 2D and 3D formats). The candidate would also instruct senior-level Capstone courses and Directed/Independent Studies.
- Working with two or more of the following: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and After Effects), traditional (ink, watercolor, etc.) and/or digital illustration techniques, digital painting, Procreate and other iPad-based interfaces, Dragon Frame stop motion software, Cinema 4D or Maya, Zbrush, Toon Boom Harmony.
- Be aware of, understand, and follow all university policies.
- Masters of Fine Arts by September 2021
- The ability to teach a variety of undergraduate courses in Illustration and/or Animation
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission;
- Experience with instructional technology and animation software programs;
- Expertise with traditional and digital illustration techniques and/or 2D and 3D animation
- Demonstrated expertise in 3D animation as an art form;
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one or more of the following software: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and After Effects), Dragon Frame stop motion software, Cinema 4D or Maya, ZBrush, and Toon Boom Harmony;
- A record of effective teaching
- Knowledge of current pedagogical trends
- An excellent portfolio of personal artwork
- Evidence of successful student work
- Drawing skills
- Interest in, and commitment to, community engagement.
This is a full-time, 10 month, temporary, UUP represented position beginning in the fall semester 2021.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Design & Graphic Arts Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia
- Media Studies Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Fredonia