Instructor (epithelial cells research)
An Instructor position is available immediately in Dr. Mills's laboratory in the Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine. The laboratory is located at the main campus of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, and the lab focuses on how epithelial cells either regenerate from stem cells or give rise to cancer, in particular via the pathological lesion metaplasia. Most of the work focuses on the gastrointestinal organs, especially stomach, pancreas, and esophagus. We use a variety of techniques and models from novel mouse genetic models to human organoids and human pathological tissue to cell lines, from sc-RNA-Seq to Cut and Tag chromatin/epigenomic to ribosome translation analyses.
The successful candidate will bring deeply serious dedication to science for the advancement of knowledge as well as a willing to work as a member of a strong team doing cutting-edge work.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in exciting research projects mentioned above
- Helps the PI and team in research and manages the lab.
- Conducts own largely independent research experiments
- Evaluates, manages, and analyzes research data and prepares manuscripts for publication and presents data locally, regionally, and internationally
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston