Software Engineering and Programming Lead
Internal Title: Lead, IT Applications Analysis, Development and Support
External Title: Software Engineering and Programming Lead
The Office of Information Technology Software Engineering and Programming Lead leads an Agile-focused web and mobile application development team to help our organization drive towards emerging technologies, while primarily providing hands-on development work, mentoring junior team members including setting goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results.This position works closely with product owners, stakeholders, and other technical team members to design and develop web and mobile software applications. The Lead promotes communication, integration, and collaboration for enhanced application development productivity. Responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based and mobile application systems; troubleshoots system problems and issues and looks for ways to improve the application.
Position is located at the John P. McGovern Campus in the Texas Medical Center.
- Leads a team of 7 with activities related to developing, configuring, coding and testing new applications or enhancements to existing applications across platforms managed by the web team including Drupal, Unily, WordPress, PHP, Cold Fusion, SharePoint and Low Code Development (MS Power Platform, etc.).
- Ensures incident requests and demands for the application development team are managed and meets service level objectives as defined.
- Annotates software code in order to provide future support continuity.
- Ensures web and mobile application functionality is accurate against both business and technical scope
- Works closely with customers and supporting IT teams in order to deliver the best product, as quickly as possible, and at the lowest cost.
- Works closely with the IT Project Management Group and IT training and documentation group in order to effectively deliver projects that meet defined requirements.
- Develops accurate timetables for development cycles
- Analyzes user requirements, system features and functionality.
- Leads development and monitoring of software; determines methodologies and tool sets; completes programming using languages and software products; conducts tests.
- Advises team members regarding requirements, schedules, and activities; troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Leads development of documentation and assistance tools.
- Deploys, manages, maintains, extends, and integrates software products throughout the software’s life cycle.
- Researches, designs, and implements novel software solutions in service of institutional needs, with a focus on
- networked applications.
- Updates application development policies to ensure that all future applications meet the latest technical requirements.
- Prioritizes software development projects, sets timelines, trains, and assign tasks to team members.
- Assists and consults with other IT members on technical issues.
- Helps team maintain good relations with vendors.
- Analyzes emerging software and hardware technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Six years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Experience in web application development with including experience with commercial CMS tools such as Drupal and Unily
- 8+ years’ experience in web application development.
- Experience with the following:
- Drupal, its architecture, best practices, and coding standards
- Low Code Development Tools such as MS Power Platform.
- Managing and supporting SAAS based solutions.
- Third-party applications/tools and integration.
- Object-oriented design and data modelling.
- Source/version control systems like GIT.
- Familiarity with user experience design principles and processes.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong time management and analytical/problem solving abilities.
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall project methodologies.
- Experience with DevOps.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston