IMPACT Lab Multimedia Specialist
The Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab Multimedia Specialist position will work with a team responsible for designing, creating, manipulating and tailoring graphics, images, sound, animation, video, and text to create integrated multimedia programs in an online instructional learning environment. This position will develop and execute digital media production assignments from original concept through final implementation with oversight and direction from senior multimedia specialists. The position will partner with internal and external clients including senior team members and faculty regarding multimedia projects and services.
The Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab at Radford University is looking for a multimedia specialist to work in a fast-paced environment where you’ll have a constant flow of projects to support. From creating content for professional development for K-12 teachers via micro-credentials to full cybersecurity and geospatial intelligence courses, you’ll support a wide range of efforts. Your designs will help adult learners across many fields get the information they need in a way that makes it easy to understand and meet the competencies built within the courses. In addition to bringing your own design skills and experience to the team, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new aspects of visual communications and multimedia production from a highly skilled team.
- Experience with and proficiency using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software, and/or motion graphics and effects
- Comprehensive knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery, and other production
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional quality productions, including field and studio camera, lighting, sound, and
- Proven understanding of online video environment and online
- Ability to work on a variety of simultaneous projects within deadlines with excellent organizational and time management
- Ability to communicate and articulate multimedia products and options and adapt to alternatives when appropriate.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgement, and diplomacy to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience, including high-level executives and
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team
- Detail-oriented with attention to accuracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must have the ability to translate high-level concepts into creative
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience working in a higher education
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing archival digitization
Advanced degree in a related field with significant experience in multimedia development is preferred or equivalent education, experience and/or training.
Description of Job Task/Responsibility:
- Plan, research, prepare, and produce professional-quality digital media for instruction, promotional programs, live video conferences and webcasts, and/or other communicative purposes for both internal and external audiences.
- Play an active role in planning, advising, and collaborating with clients on strategic and creative projects requiring extensive subject matter knowledge within time and cost
- Take independent ownership of large, complex multimedia Perform the full range of the multimedia project cycle: initiating, planning, producing, refinement, delivery, and archiving.
- Create original visual content and produce high impact visual storytelling. Coordinate the process from conception, to production, to completion across a diverse array of communications channels and media utilizing best practice standards that foster photographic and video
- Consult with and help faculty and staff to incorporate multimedia into presentations, course design, and curricula in support of student learning or departmental communication
- Assist with all aspects of capturing, recording, and transmitting of all digital media productions, video and/or images for internal and external
- Contribute to the development of multimedia goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and budget for area of
- Coordinate the use of Ensuring all equipment is kept in good working order and stored in a safe location when not in use.
- Research and recommend equipment and software for video/multimedia
- Assist in keeping department at the cutting edge of multimedia
- Other duties as