Part-Time Specialist III, Maverick Leader
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Specialist III is responsible for providing support services to Outreach, College Relations, Student Life, Performing Arts department and System Office. Maverick leaders provide information to faculty, staff, students and community members. They provide support where required throughout the Lone Star College system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of New Student Orientation at LSC - Montgomery campus, and LSC - Conroe Center
- Serve as a peer Advisor during New Student Orientation registration session, including: iStar functions, obtaining LSC ID/Library Card, and other general guidance and support
- Conduct campus tours for prospective and new students, as well as community visitors
- Provide general assistance and support with all aspects of Student Life, Performing Arts, College Relations, Student Services, and System Office programs and events
- Prepare for programs/events by gathering and assembling the necessary material
- Volunteer services to community organizations for special events and programs
- Provide support for calling campaigns and other recruitment or student initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Ability to enforce LSC, New Student Orientation and Office of Student Life policies and procedures
- Ability to working autonomously
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of MyLoneStar
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be enrolled at LSC-Montgomery a minimum of six hours college credit for the Fall and Spring semesters
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.19.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe