We are looking for someone who enjoys creating innovative
solutions for challenges in the solution delivery and operations
process for a leading position in a rewarding university
In this role, the Delivery Engineer will be a key member of a team responsible for essential initiatives and activities including process automation and testing, continuous integration, release, and deployment of applications; leading the establishment of Continuous Integration practices and tools in a distributed software development environment. The Delivery Engineer will be an important thought leader who is part programmer, part architect, and part operations engineer, and is a key role in our organization.
The Delivery Engineer reports to our Director of Application Architecture and Operations. We at Miami University can offer you an engaging and fulfilling work environment, a competitive compensation package including exceptional health benefits, vacation accrual, and tuition reimbursement, along with and many other support resources like on-site daycare are available to help employees balance their professional and personal lives.
Working with a broad range of stakeholders, you will lead us in
providing the best solutions for the University in the following
● As a central partner who is able to see the broad interconnects of IT Services supported systems and services enabling holistic solutions and limiting silos.
● Architecting and implementing application and cloud service deployments for resiliency and scalability.
● Enabling rapid application delivery by creating mature processes, enhancing or acquiring proper toolsets and partnering with delivery and operations teams to streamline activities.
● Building division wide delivery capabilities such as deployment pipelines, reusable components and backend infrastructure.
● Taking our current efforts in building out our architecture roadmaps, strategies and technical visions in support of the central information technology organization mission to the next level.
● Counsel other members of the organization in leading continual improvement best practices.
● Create and foster forward looking relationships with clients, stakeholders and co-workers to lift up the organization's core capabilities in strategic and tactical ways.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or a related field earned by date of hire and six or more years of
application development and deployment experience.
Associate Degree in Information Technology or a related field earned by date of hire and eight or more years of application development and deployment experience.
Ten or more years of application development and deployment experience.
We are looking for you to have hands-on advanced experience with
● Designing, implementing and managing automated build pipelines with tools such as AWS CodePipeline or GitLab CI
● Leading engagements with multiple stakeholders in organizational transitions from traditional on-premise solutions to scalable cloud native solutions
● Creating highly available enterprise solutions utilizing infrastructure and configuration as code frameworks, container services and process automation (Examples: Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes, MuleSoft, AWS, other)
● Mentoring in solution development to less experienced staff
● Identifying and implementing innovative solutions in the solution delivery process (such as automation or available services)
● Leading delivery and operations teams in the creation of sustainable, resilient solutions
● Collaborating with peers to create and work toward a cohesive platform strategy