Director, Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Programs
Director, Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Programs
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Director, Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Programs position. The Director is responsible for overseeing the operations of the College's Institute, which includes the Tourism & Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Programs. The Director will work closely with instructors, students, staff, and Advisory Boards of the Institute to ensure the successful operation of the Institute and its programs.
The Director oversees administrators and faculty of the Institute; administrators report to the Director; there is a shared relationship for faculty with the Dean and Director. Travel required to College campuses and for external activities.
*This position requires that the selected candidate to submit their PA Child Abuse, PA State Police Criminal Background Check, and FBI Fingerprinting clearances prior to the first day of employment.
*Following Governor Wolf's announcement on March 30, 2020. The selected candidate will work remotely until further notice. As the College re-opens the campuses, the selected candidate will transition to on-campus work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Culinary/Hospitality Administration, Business, or related field required, Master's degree highly preferred.
- ACF certification as a Certified Executive Chef preferred.
- At least five years of work experience in culinary/hospitality industry with a minimum of three years in a supervisory position. Academic administration experience preferred.
- At least three years of teaching experience; culinary or hospitality-teaching experience preferred; postsecondary teaching experience preferred.
- Active membership with the American Culinary Federation.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated administrative, problem-solving, team building, entrepreneurial and organizational skills.
- Proven skills in handling detailed tasks and multiple assignments.
- Strong culinary industry knowledge, and an understanding and passion for the culinary industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Established interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated record of being able to work collaboratively with people in a service organization. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various types of individuals and companies.
- Valid driver’s license and insured automobile required for travel.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College of Distinction, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 19,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College has been named as one of the top 60 employers for 2019 in Pennsylvania by Forbes and as one of the Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges in the nation for four consecutive years by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) for its commitment to diversity through inclusive learning and work environments, student and staff recruitment and retention practices, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities. Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 5/16/2021.
About Montgomery County Community College
For more than 55 years, Montgomery County Community College has grown with the community to meet the evolving educational needs of Montgomery County. The College’s comprehensive curriculum includes more than 100 associate degree and certificate programs, as well as customized workforce training and certifications. Students enjoy the flexibility of learning at the College’s thriving campuses in Blue Bell and Pottstown, at the Culinary Arts Institute in Lansdale, and online through a robust Virtual Campus.
As an Achieving the Dream Leader College of Distinction, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to remove barriers to access, improve learning outcomes, and increase completion for all students. The College also is recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, community service and service learning opportunities, and use of classroom technology. For the fourth consecutive year, MCCC has been named one of the Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges in the nation by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development for its commitment to diversity through inclusive learning and work environments, student and staff recruitment and retention practices, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities. For more information, visit https://www.mc3.edu.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.