Human Resource Consultant Assistant 1
About Highline College
Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
Mission and Vision
As an essential part of our mission and vision , diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
Under general supervision, the Human Resources Consultant Assistant 1 (HRCA1) performs a variety of HR support functions and assignments such as preparing documents, and responding to employee inquires. This position is assigned to the front desk of the Human Resources Department and is the primary point of contact to visitors to the office. The HRCA1 is essential to providing customer service to Highline’s faculty, staff, and student employees.
The HRCA1 is expected to initiate, assess, evaluate, and reconcile information by running reports and information audits for pay and other related personnel/payroll activity. The HRCA1 must keep the Payroll Program Manager and/or Assistant Director of Human Resources apprised of issues as they occur and communicate status of actions on a regular basis.
This position is a classified full-time position and is eligible for overtime. Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Salary Information :
The above salary reflects the starting step (Step C) Range 36 for this classified position and includes a 5% King County compensation provision. As a newly employed classified employee, based on annual increments, it will take 5 years to reach Step L on the salary schedule. This does not reflect any contractual changes, legislative mandated salary increases or Cost of Living Increases (COLA's) that may be approved in the future
Under the direction of the Human Resources Assistant Director, this position will:
- Greet visitors to the Human Resource, Payroll and Benefits Department and respond to inquiries from faculty, staff, students and campus visitors;
- Answer the Human Resources main phone line, answering general questions and routing calls accordingly;
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR procedures and employee benefits;
- Clerical duties - opening and distributing mail; maintain and process the ordering of supplies and other similar duties as assigned;
- Receive and process student employee job referrals;
- Complete, process, enter personnel transactions data into PeopleSoft;
- File employee paperwork, maintain the filing system for all employee records and documents;
- Run reports and perform audits, supporting HR/Payroll/Benefits Staff;
- In conjunction with other HR staff, process and mail faculty and staff contracts;
- In collaboration with the IT Department, assign new employees to appropriate distribution lists;
- Review and fulfill requests for employment verifications;
- Track and place applicant background checks through a third-party vendor;
- Support recruitment and onboarding processes as needed;
- Perform work in support of the college's Human Resources Department, as assigned.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively (verbally and in writing) with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds in a manner that is understandable, persuasive, and appropriate for the audience;
- Extract and analyze data from applicable databases in an integrated computerized environment, and present summarized/detailed information effectively;
- Demonstrate a high degree of detail orientation when
entering/tracking personnel/payroll data;
Compile and maintain accurate, and in some cases, highly confidential, records and files;
- Read, interpret, apply and explain applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Use initiative, independent judgment and problem solving with established procedural guidelines;
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence (letters and email), procedures and other written materials;
- Organize work, set priorities in alignment with management
directives, and meet critical deadlines
Proficiently use Outlook and MS Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL, Mail Merge).
- Customer service approaches when communicating with employees,
students and visitors,
in person, via email and over the phone;
- Automated/integrated personnel/payroll system.
- Associate's Degree; AND
- One year of full time experience Human Resources office.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; AND
- Three years of full time experience in a customer service oriented office environment with at least one of the years being full-time experience in a Human Resources office.
- Experience working in a Higher Education setting;
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
Your online application must include the following to be considered complete:
- A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position;
- A letter of application/cover letter (two-page maximum, recommended) that addresses your ability to meet the QUALIFICATIONS, and KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES for the position;
- A one-page response to the Supplemental Question.
• National Criminal Background Check may be required;
• This position is covered under the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) bargaining agreement.
NEED APPLICATION HELP?
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
TITLE IX COMPLIANCE
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines