School of International Service - On-Campus Undergraduate & Graduate Programs
The School of International Service (SIS) at American University invites applications for adjunct faculty to teach 3-credit courses for our undergraduate degree ( B.A. in International Studies ) and our portfolio of on-campus professional graduate degree programs.
Position responsibilities include designing and delivering a 15-week course, completing all grading, and developing session plans and assignments. Each course includes a 150 mins/week of on-campus instruction. Adjunct faculty are expected to hold office hours, provide assignment feedback, submit final grades and troubleshoot classroom issues.
We are looking for adjunct faculty to teach the following courses in following areas:
- Statistics/quant methods in international affairs
- Program design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Research design
- Global environmental policy
- Human Rights
- International economics
- International development & development policy
- International and Intercultural communication
- International/national security
- Peace and conflict resolution
- Identity, race, gender, and culture
- US Foreign Policy
The ideal candidate will hold a PhD or a terminal degree in an applicable field or equivalent (MA/MS and ten years of professional experience). Teaching experience at the college level is highly preferred though not required. Course assignments and schedules will depend on the selected candidate's profile and strengths. Review of applications will be ongoing and are subject to ongoing budgetary approval and sufficient course enrollment.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents: Cover Letter; Curriculum Vitae; Statement of Teaching Interests/Experience/Approach (please include which SIS class(es) you are interested in teaching); Recent Course Evaluations (if applicable); and three professional references. All application materials are treated as confidential per American University policy.
Requests for additional information and submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Questions about adjunct faculty teaching opportunities at the undergraduate level can be directed to Assistant Dean Rose Shinko at email@example.com .
Questions about adjunct teaching opportunities at the Masters level can be directed to Assistant Dean Mike Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an AA/EEO employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Economics Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.