Development Associate (15140)
This position provides administrative support for the WCL Office of Development & Alumni Relations, specifically in the areas of alumni engagement, annual giving, advancement services/gift processing, and research.
- Provides general office support to the WCL Office of Development & Alumni Relations, specifically the Director of Alumni Outreach & Annual Giving and the Associate Dean of Development & Alumni Relations. This includes, but is not limited to, drafting and editing general correspondence, drafting and submitting disbursement and reimbursement forms, preparing reports, assisting in preparation of program and meeting materials, acting as a frontline support for alumni, donors, and the WCL community (phone, person, mail, social media, email, etc., inputting contact reports, managing departmental calendars, purchasing office supplies and materials, procurement and management of giveaways, monitoring borrowed/interdepartmental supplies, and maintaining internal relationships and knowledge with campus operations (Catering, Finance, Facilities, Administrative Support Services, Dean’s Office, Academic Affairs, Technology, Mail Services, Parking, etc.).
- Administer the acceptance, processing, verification, and acknowledgment of gifts and data to WCL. This includes, but is not limited to, precisely following gift administration procedures, populating and mailing acknowledgement materials, coordinating the signing and sending of acknowledgments, recording acknowledgment and processing activities, verifying correct processing, mailing gifts to the banking lockbox, procuring gift processing and acknowledgment materials, ensuring gift agreements are recorded and scanned, performing data updates in CRM, recording returned mail and bad email addresses, and generating stewardship reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of engagement opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to, researching and booking venues, assisting with communications/outreach channels, calling donors/prospects to encourage event attendance, coordinating faculty for salon-style events, ensure appropriate follow-up following events (tracked in CRM, mailings, photos, etc.), posting photos to online galleries, working with event vendors (food services, photographers, decorators, etc.), procuring awards and giveaways for events, assisting with internal annual giving programs (faculty and staff giving, student philanthropy, payroll deduction, etc.), and liaising with other parties as directed.
- Produce reports, briefings, and research for events and prospect meetings. This includes, but is not limited to, researching alumni/donors/prospects, creating biographical reports, providing research and briefing for the Director, Associate Dean, Dean, Vice President, President, or related staff, researching and reporting on engagement and development opportunities at other law schools and universities, and developing event briefings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May provide limited, project-based direction to student staff and volunteers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Specialist A
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
- Union eligible position
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (Minimum of one year of work experience)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (Previous professional office experience in a legal or university environment)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with a variety of individuals under
- 50 wpm typing speed.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and
the ability to self-learn new software with a minimum of
- Ability to utilize good judgment and discretion as to sensitive
or confidential information
- Ability to function within a high-pressure environment while
constantly conforming to prescribed project deadlines.
- Must obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of university
policies, procedures, and general information.
- Must demonstrate courtesy, composure, and professionalism while
managing multiple demands and customers.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.