Instructional and Multimedia Technologist (14018)
The Instructional Multimedia Technologist will support the primary goal media creation and deployment in online and face-to-face courses. The Instructional Multimedia Technologist will assist faculty in all academic divisions, creating digital assets in support of university curriculum: video, and other digital media for online and face-to-face courses. Additionally, the Instructional Multimedia Technologist will integrate digital assets into university’s instructional technology suite. This position consults and problem-solves one-on-one with faculty and staff, with responsibility for multimedia design, development, deployment, and management.
- Instructional Multimedia Creation and Support: using Camtasia, Adobe Creative Cloud, Premier, Final Cut Pro or similar tools, and collaborating with faculty and staff from the Academic Multimedia office, the incumbent will, design, develop, deploy and manage multimedia content for the AU learning environment. The types of content will include, but are not limited to, design templates, animations, videos, interactive exercises, simulations, and pdf help files. Will also assist on video production shoots.
- Instructional Technology Support & Training: will conduct training programs and workshops on the various educational technology platforms supported by the e-Learning office, such as the university Learning Management System and video management system, as well as other educational technologies deployed across the campus. Training will take place in multiple forms, including one-on-one and group workshop environments.
- Instructional Design Support: the incumbent will assist Instructional Designers on projects related to course design and development.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Travel required; minimal
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Coordinator/Analyst A
- This a union-eligible position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Multimedia Design, Graphic Design, Video Production, or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience working in higher education with an emphasis on multimedia design and video production)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Communication- Advanced: Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely orally and in writing, using language with precision; constructing logical arguments; editing and summarizing; and writing reports or correspondence free of spelling and grammatical errors. Ability to engage in active and empathetic listening and communicate with a service minded orientation.
- Training & Presenting Information: Ability to teach and/or develop skills in others. Ensures that content is current, and that activities are engaging and effective so that the audience clearly understands the intended message; conveys technical subject matter to a non-technical audience through the development of briefings, presentations, web content or social media. Combines exercises, group discussions, webinars, lectures, and other methods to meet diverse learning styles.
- Creative Software & Learning Management Tools: Expertise in Adobe Premier (Final Cut Pro), Photoshop, Illustrator, Camtasia. Experience working with Learning Management System such as Blackboard, Canvas, or similar.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Ability to welcome, value, and affirm individuals of all identities and experiences, and a commitment to ensure they are understood, appreciated, and fully included in the university community.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.