Mental Health Counselor or Psychologist
The Booth Wellness Center at Dixie State University is looking for a Mental Health Counselor or Psychologist to join our team, who will also serve as our Group Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of the Booth Wellness Center, the recommended hire will provide intake screenings, referral services and brief group, individual, and couples therapy for students, staff, and faculty on-campus.
The Booth Wellness Center supports the mission of the university through the provision of health education, preventative wellness programming, mental health and medical consultation, acute medical health services, and brief mental health therapy to students, staff, and faculty at Dixie State University. Additional information about the department and program offerings can be found online at https://wellness.dixie.edu/ .
- Perform initial client screenings for internal or external assignment to appropriate resources.
- Provide short-term group, individual, and couples therapy.
- Offer mental health consultation for students, faculty, and staff.
- Oversee development and maintenance of group counseling programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Assistant Director of the Center.
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling psychology, or marriage and family therapy from an accredited program required (Mental Health Counselor title will be used for this type of hire).
- Utah State Licensure (LCSW, LMFT, and/or LCMHC) required or license-eligible in Utah.
- Minimum of one-year post-licensure practice required.
- A generalist with solid clinical skills and the ability to assess and treat a wide range of presenting concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Creatively, energy, and enthusiasm for working with college students.
- Terminal Ph.D. or Psy.D. in psychology (Psychologist title will be used for this type of hire).
- Licensed Psychologist; those who will be licensed within one-year of hire will also be considered.
- Clinical experience with groups, individuals, and couples.
- Experience working in a university counseling setting and with mental health needs of college population (e.g. anxiety disorder, depressives disorders, eating disorders, etc.)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in counseling work with a variety of racial/ethnic groups and diversities, including multi-racial identity, socioeconomic status, gender, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, disability, religion, etc.
- Experience with group therapy, psychoeducational workshops, and programming.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time, 10-month professional staff (overtime-exempt) position (0.83 FTE), paid over 12 months. Annual salary of $40,000 for Master’s degree-qualified applicant and $50,000 for terminal Ph.D or Psy.D.-qualified applicant. Desired start date of August 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details. Funding for professional development (i.e. licensure, continuing education, etc.) will also be available. Supervision for post-doctoral hours is provided if needed.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins May 10 , 2021 ; position open until filled . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George