Working within Facilities Management, within the area of Facilities Operations & Energy, this position operates and maintains all chillers, boilers, motors and pumps, air handlers, chilled water and heating water systems, water flow, and controls. Operates and maintains VFD controls, cooling towers, refrigeration, ice machines, condenser fan units, compressors, roof top and window units, air compressors, pneumatic valves and controls. Also performs preventative maintenance on all HVAC equipment and system, exhaust fans, etc. Information about the department and area can be found online at https://campus.dixie.edu/ .
- Respond daily to HVAC work orders, troubleshooting calls, no heating or cooling, thermostats, air flow, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including repairing and replacing motors, bearing pump seals, belts, air compressors, heating and cooling valves, air handlers and cleaning filters.
- Perform the operations and monitoring of all computer and manual temperature control systems, including boilers, chillers, pumps and motors, and other related systems.
- Perform construction and remodeling of HVAC systems. Replace roof top air handlers, metal work ducting, etc.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of computerized fire alarm systems. Respond to fire alarms; reset fair alarm panels and clean smoke heads.
- Assist other trades in department, including plumbing, electrical and/or preventative maintenance, as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED and vocational or technical training (journeyman licensure) required. Associate’s degree or equivalent college coursework preferred.
- At least three years’ demonstrated HVAC experience required.
- Good knowledge of practice, procedures, working methods, and equipment used in preventative maintenance and repair.
- Ability to read schematics to perform installations and troubleshoot problems.
- Good knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, and electrical work, as well as associated safety practices and procedures.
- Universal CFC certification required; good knowledge of all code compliance laws, rules, and regulations such as MSDS, CFCs, backflows, PCBs, asbestos, confined space entity, etc.
- Good knowledge of tools used in preventative maintenance and repair, such as drills, torches, meters, gauges, pumps, and CFC reclaim units.
- Requires flexible working hours, with some evening and weekend work required for maintenance and on-call work.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time classified staff (overtime-eligible) position. Annual salary of $48,000, with a desired start date of July 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins May 17 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George