Supervisor Facilities Maintenance
Supervisor Facilities Maintenance
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experiencedSupervisor Facilities Maintenance.
Responsible for coordination and overall supervision of the following area(s) within facilities services: electrical systems, lighting, painting, plumbing, hardware, elevators, building envelope, conference center support, and various contracted services. Collaborate with the Facilities Operator/Maintenance Technician Supervisor for the technical support of the HVAC systems and oversight of HVAC technicians. Serve as backup to the Campus Facilities Manager in his/her absence. Will exercise a high degree of decision making during evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily operations and assigned staff and areas; arrange and approve work schedules.
- Utilize broad, cross-functional knowledge and supervision of all assigned functional areas. Ensure optimal operation of all buildings and systems within assigned areas.
- Develop preventive maintenance standards, policies, protocols and procedures correlate to the maintenance and upkeep of campus buildings and structures.
- Coordinate the completion of work orders and ordering materials and supplies.
- Provide supervision of multiple trade and maintenance services arranged by external contractors and vendors servicing assigned areas of responsibility, setting expectations for completion dates and monitoring to ensure compliance with contract specifications. Serve as primary liaison with contracted services for all assigned areas.
- Promote and uphold a customer focus environment that deliver customers with the desired products, services, and experiences.
- Under the direction of the Campus Facilities Manager, coordinate appropriate training to assigned staff members within assigned areas, and safeguard safe work practices for all areas supervised.
- Responsible for implementing specific training needs based on specialized areas.
- Confirm appropriate maintenance of records and reports and maintain quality control standards in all assigned areas.
- Ensure compliance with Collin College procedures, guidelines, initiatives, and directives within assigned areas.
- Work closely with the district master electricians and plumbers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Function as a role model for students and staff demonstrating positive attitude, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Demonstrate upmost ethical and professional behavior working with students, college staff, and outside agencies associated with the Collin College.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related experience required.
One (1) year of supervisory experience required. (Internal candidates without supervisory experience may be considered, and may be required to complete supervisory training within one year of hire into the position.)
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid Texas driver’s license and insurable by the district’s insurance carrier.
Two (2) additional years of directly related experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of building codes, fire codes, and ADA guidelines and protocols
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision
- Knowledge of work order database system
- Knowledge of the payroll database
- Knowledge in appropriate handling of and disposal of hazardous materials
- Proficiency in reading and understanding blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals
- Organization and time management skills
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective assistance
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use judgement, decisiveness, and creativity in dealing with variety of rapidly changing situations
- Ability to work independently, respond quickly and make effective decisions in specific situations
- Ability to work and coordinate a team to attain optimal performance and services rendered to campus facilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to generate, delegate and close out work assignment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work with various contractors
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, plus climbing and balancing. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to gases and workspace restrictions. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney