Reporting to the Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Analytics (IESA), the Administrative Analyst organizes and performs a variety of complex administrative duties in direct support of the Vice Provost, the day-to-day operations of the IESA Office, and managing internal and external processes of the office. The Administrative Analyst performs duties independently and under limited supervision to achieve specified outcomes. The Administrative Analyst provides administrative and analytical support as well as oversees special projects from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion, maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, routinely interface with a wide variety of stakeholders. The incumbent is responsible for understanding and maintaining the IESA unit budget, makes decisions and handles issues using discretion and applies knowledge of relevant SJSU and CSU policies, regulations, and procedures; and performs related duties as assigned. The Administrative Analyst must work collaboratively and effectively to establish and maintain working relationships within a diverse environment and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Coordinates the Vice Provost’s calendar and office event calendars
- Assists with and proofread IESA correspondences that are sent out on behalf of the Vice Provost and IESA
- Coordinates travel including pre-approval, logistics and reimbursements for the Vice Provost and all IESA employees
- Arranges and schedules meetings, including coordinating logistics with executive staff across the university
- Manages relationships with outside entities and manages sensitive information and situations.
- Provides basic troubleshooting of IT for staff offices and shared spaces and online meetings through telepresence
- Oversees day-to-day operations and provides lead work direction to student assistants
- Assess urgency level of a response and, when appropriate, disseminate information on behalf of the Vice Provost and IESA Office to external and internal stakeholders
- Oversees the preparation of all updates to the IESA budget (quarterly, midyear, year-end as well as interim reports as required)
- Initiates all budget, interdepartmental, and operating expense transfers for the department and its programs
- Manages and coordinates sensitive administrative tasks associated with human resources issues and personnel transactions
- Manages all University Personnel activities for staff and student assistants, ensuring the unit is in compliance with University Personnel policies and procedures
- Provides leadership direction to professional staff for administrative process functions.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy for monthly direct reports attendance through absence management.
- Strategically develops the scope of work for any given project and integrate goals and deliverables with corresponding metrics for analysis and/or assessment
- Interprets project and organizational dependencies to prepare for the impact of the project directly to and across various functions of the unit.
- Conducts ongoing analysis and research to maintain the validity of a project’s progress
- Infers meaningful insights from a collection of data that is gathered or provided
- Conveys and/or presents information to Vice Provost and as directed to all key stakeholders using appropriate verbal, written, graphical, or other relevant format as needed
- Conducts projects to completion to employs strong organizational skills, customer service, and business acumen
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent policies, procedures, laws and regulations and present recommendations or information to individuals or groups in a persuasive manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and strong relationship building skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to investigate and analyze problems having broad administrative impact
- Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods
- Ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies
- Skilled in preparing, writing, and editing general communications, technical reports, training guidelines and informational materials
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills
- Ability to research, develop, and adapt resources that create timely and efficient workflow
- Ability to investigate and analyze problems having broad administrative impact
- Ability to anticipate problems, develop solutions, and address them proactively
- Ability to maintain and handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies including maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction
- Excellent customer service, networking, and public relations skills
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Master’s degree in public or business administration, management, change management or organizational leadership, education, social sciences, or other related fields
- Five or more years of experience as an administrative analyst
- Experience organizing projects from start to completion or take over a project with the ability to efficiently problem solve that leads to a successful project launch
- Experience in successful team oriented collaborations and/or projects
- Experience in addressing conflict resolutions through a social justice framework
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,580/month - $6,250/month
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: April 20, 2021 through May 6, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: April 20, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose