Assistant Coach, Cross Country & Track
Williams College is pleased to announce an opening for an Assistant Coach in the Athletics Department. This is a full time, 10-month, term appointment with the possibility of renewal. The Assistant Coach works with the men’s and women’s programs in both sports and should have the expertise to Coach Cross Country in the fall term as well as long and middle distance runners during the indoor and outdoor Track & Field seasons.
We are especially interested in people who have experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the variety and excellence of athletic opportunities at Williams. Candidates from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Practice planning and execution
- Individual training with players
- Recruiting: correspondence, talent evaluation, on-campus visits
- Team transportation & driving
- Administrative office duties
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coaches
- Bachelor’s Degree and relevant collegiate competing or coaching experience required
- Knowledge of NESCAC and NCAA Division III policies preferred
- Cultural competency and strong interpersonal skills are required
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess the ability to recruit, teach and coach highly talented student-athletes who can succeed in a challenging academic environment
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
Resume review will begin on May 19, 2021, aiming for an early August start date. This position includes a generous benefits/vacation package, pays $29,420 for a 10-month term, and comes with a full-board meal plan during academic terms. Job Group 3-C. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. The college is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum.