Pool Associate Lecturer - English as a Second Language (Pool)
Pool Associate Lecturer - English as a Second Language
Academic Affairs Division
Description of College/Department/Program/Division/Unit
The Division of Academic Affairs encompasses a wide array of activities and functions that ensure the overall academic quality of the institution. This includes providing administrative oversight and academic leadership for: the College of Business Administration; the College of Liberal Studies; the College of Science and Health; the School of Education; Murphy Library; Admissions; Records and Registration; Financial Aid; Career Services; Academic Advising; University Graduate Studies; Continuing Education and Extension; the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs; the office of Undergraduate Research and Creativity; the Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning; Institutional Research; and International Education & Engagement. Academic Affairs also provides leadership and support to the nearly four hundred full-time faculty and instructional academic staff, 73 percent of whom hold terminal degrees. Through its various functions, the Division of Academic Affairs supports students in the pursuit of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education as well as scholarly activity.
The Institute for English as a Second Language ( ESL ) invites applications for Associate Lecturers or Lecturers (based on experience) to teach one or more ESL courses. The position is under the general supervision of the Director for International Education and Engagement and contracts will be based on a semester-to-semester need based on enrollments.
Candidates for the appointment should have an MA related to the teaching of English as a Second Language ( ESL ) or English Language Learners ( ELL ).
Experience teaching ESL or ELL courses.
Experience teaching students at different levels of ELL within the same course.
Experience teaching international students.
Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence.
Academic (9 Mo)
For your Reference Contact Information document, please include the names, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional references.
Please contact the Search and Screen Chair if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
Per UPS Operational Policy: TC 1, UW System requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven (7) years. https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/2018-12-10- UPS -OP-TC-1-Recruitment_FNL.pdf
UW-La Crosse does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 608-785-8013.
Position Contact Name
Karolyn Bald, Interim Director
Position Contact Email
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if hired.
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the US.
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the application process.
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- English as a Second Language Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse
- Security Studies Not specified Part Time jobs in La Crosse