Audio Visual Services Technician
Job Title Audio Visual Services Technician Posting Number S908P Classification Title
Reporting to the Audio Visual Services Manager, the Audio Visual Services Technician directs and coordinates state-of-the-art audio visual support services for all campus events. The Audio Visual Services Technician will maintain/upgrade equipment, operate multimedia equipment and troubleshoot problems. The position works cooperatively with the Office of Conferences and Events to ensure seamless delivery of services and is responsible for performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans, schedules and supports audio visual service needs throughout CBU’s main campus for inside and outside clients, including conferences, lectures, meetings, performances and special events.
2. Consults with users on event needs and makes audio visual equipment and labor recommendations.
3. Act as an additional point of contact and conduct tours of campus facilities for potential clients.
4. Interact with clients in anticipation of and during events, ensuring the highest level of quality and customer service for all conferences, events and services.
5. Assist with the planning and implementation of annual major campus events such as Commencement, New Student Orientation and Homecoming (and, as appropriate, other large-scale events).
6. Prepares facilities for requested audio visual services and troubleshoots media-related concerns.
7. Trains users in equipment usage.
8. Maintains equipment inventories, monitors equipment check-out/return, and recommends system upgrades.
9. Operates complex, state-of-the-art sound, lighting and media presentation systems.
10. Assists with webcasts, podcasts, video and audio teleconferences.
11. Provide theatrical designs in the areas of scenic, staging, rigging, lighting and sound as needed, in consultation with internal and external clients.
12. Coordinate staffing needs for special events.
13. Engage in research for the purchase of audio, lighting, and video equipment.
14. Recruit, train and supervise the training of student workers on Sound, Lighting, Staging and rigging as it pertains to classroom A/V technology and all internal/external events.
15. Assists in map creation and layout for events.
16. Oversees and assists setups for Conferences and Events across campus.
17. Repair and maintenance audio, video, and lighting equipment regularly.
18. Repair and maintenance of C&E equipment including tables, chairs, golf carts, etc.
This position is responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time student workers, in order to complete work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
Ability to work evenings and/or weekends, depending on event schedule.
Knowledge of convention services, the hospitality business camps, conferences or other service-related venues.
Skill in the use of personal computers, both Windows and Apple operating systems, and related software applications, including Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of classroom technology systems, including, but not limited to: Extron, Crestron, and AMX systems.
Knowledge of rigging, staging, lighting and sound design.
A thorough knowledge of: business English and arithmetic, as well as general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to quickly troubleshoot and repair multimedia equipment.
Strong organizational skills, and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to organize and coordinate meetings and/or special events.
Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
Knowledge of basic maintenance and mechanic skills
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to three years’ related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and successful experience in a related field.
Open Date Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6455 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside