Operations and Course Materials Technician
Job Title Operations and Course Materials Technician Posting Number S909P Classification Title
Responsible to provide operational and technical assistance to the Course Materials team with a focus on research and procurement of traditional and digital course materials each semester or session for the main campus, satellite, or virtual locations of the university. Oversee the delivery of Immediate Access, eBooks, and digital materials for faculty and students. Perform research, data entry, purchasing and digital program development activities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plan and coordinate research activities with the Course Materials team to ensure accurate and up-to-date print textbook, digital, and Immediate Access information is available.
2. Assist Course Materials team with accurate processing of textbook requisitions to ensure timely completion of tasks by designated due dates. (or as required)
3. Oversee Immediate Access, digital book, virtual material programs and technical tools. Strive to continually improve communication, marketing, profitability, and acceptance of the programs with faculty, students, and staff.
4. Continually evaluate and make recommendations for improving purchase planning strategies, optimizing lead times, and overall category profitability.
5. Effectively and efficiently communicate with faculty, staff and vendors to research and process requisition requests.
6. Maintain good working relationships with store leadership, faculty, staff, student workers, publishers, sales representatives, and customers.
7. Assist with customer service duties on the sales floor, phone or online as needed.
8. Generate sales, inventory, usage, and profitability reports by employing store management systems, Excel and other reporting tools as required.
9. Assists with annual, and periodic, inventory counts and verifications.
10. Oversee and provide direction to student workers as assigned to assist with the completion of Course Materials team tasks.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill and experience in Microsoft Excel program.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Knowledge of general accounting principles
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6457 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside