Administrative Assistant-Conferences and Events
Job Title Administrative Assistant-Conferences and Events Posting Number S910P Classification Title
To provide support to the Office of Conferences and Events in its role at California Baptist University by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Director of Conferences and Events. .
2. Manages supervisor’s calendar and independently schedules appointments and travel.
3. Coordinates the following for student employees: processing applications, updating availability schedules, ordering name badges and tee shirts, updating handbook, handling correspondence and reviewing payroll records before submitting to Payroll for processing.
4. Prepares and documents requisitions and department P.O.’s for Director’s signature, forwarding to Accounting.
5. Screens incoming calls and correspondence, and responds independently when possible.
6. Composes confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents, including e-mail and faxes.
7. Creates and maintains database, computer and spreadsheet files.
8. Receives and distributes incoming mail. Ensures that mail goes out on time.
9. Assists the Director on specific projects related to the long-term goals of the university, such as strategic planning, fiscal responsibility, and the like.
10. Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
11. Answers and screens Director’s telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
12. Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
13. Oversight of event scheduling, coordination and map preparation.
14. Maintains InsideCBU Web page.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to schedule events in Adastra Information Systems.
Knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment and ability to troubleshoot over the phone when problems arise.
Ability to coordinate events and or host events as needed.
Ability to do invoicing for Conferences and Events using Quick Books.
Ability to process and coordinate student payroll.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures, and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6459 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside