PT - Peer Financial Aid Coach
Posting Number AS188P Position Title PT - Peer Financial Aid Coach Contract Length N/A Class Summary
As a Hispanic Serving Institution ( HSI ), College of the Mainland was awarded a Title V Hispanic-Serving Institution Program grant award from the U.S. Department of Education ( USDE ). Incumbent will support the financial literacy educator and financial aid staff through active communication with students. This position is grant funded.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Type Grant
Some college experience and one (1) year of customer service experience.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
General knowledge or experience with federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs and requirements; College of the Mainland student population, departments, and resources; Business software programs;
• Use of computers and related software application programs and social media applications;
• Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
• Federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs and requirements;
• Financial literacy topics (preferred, but not required).
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE :
• Front-of-office assistance;
• Contacting students via phone or email to check on their financial aid status;
• Referring students to appropriate resources after determining their main concerns;
• Representing the department at various outreach activities (on and off campus);
• Facilitating the development of communication strategies for social media posts;
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range $12.50/hour Mid Point Salary Range $12.50/hour Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 04/13/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2432 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to work in the evenings (5 pm-9 pm)?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Financial Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Financial Aid Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City