ASDOH - Adjunct Instructor, Affiliated Practice Registered Dental Hygienist
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) invites applications for an Affiliated Practice Registered Dental Hygienist on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Director of Public Health Dentistry & Teledentistry. The adjunct faculty will work as part of the dental public health team which involves overseeing dental students as they provide preventive care and conduct assessments on patients in different settings outside of the dental school, and will be required to provide direct patient care when students are not available.
- Travel to different areas in and around metro Phoenix using university owned vehicle.
- Complete patient intakes, gather and review medical history and diagnostic and demographic data.
- Transmit patient data via telehealth equipment for analysis by the supervising dentist.
- Perform preventive oral health services and supervisor such services performed by students.
- Responsible for visiting facilities to provide direct patient care when students are not available.
- A bachelor's in dental hygiene is required.
- Must be highly skilled in dental hygiene.
- Must enjoy working with various populations of dental patients including children, adults with special needs, youth in detention centers, seriously mentally ill adults, etc.
- Must be flexible and open to working in many different locations and settings with different dental students.
- Self-starter is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to lift, wheel, and carry mobile dental equipment to and from vehicle.