SOMA - Assistant/Associate Professor Family Medicine/Primary Care
A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor Family Medicine/Primary Care on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Assistant/Associate professor should possess a DO/MD degree, AZ medical license, and one to two years' experience. Skill requirements are covered under family medicine or other primary care specialty board certification.
- Attend to regular communications as it relates to all position responsibilities.
- Create and provide osteopathic medical student years I-IV
educational content in the forms of live presentations, podcasts,
small group case discussions, and laboratory sessions for Medical
- Create NBOME board-style examination items.
- Serve on ATSU-SOMA committees (ex: Admissions, Student
Performance, and Curriculum).
- If desired, may use ½ day per week for activity related to
patient care in a clinical setting of candidate’s choice while
providing shadowing opportunities for students. This may occur in
the ATSU OMM clinic if the applicant is sufficiently skilled,
however work in this clinic would not provide added income.
- Interview ATSU-SOMA candidates for admission.
- Perform student advising functions.
- Participate in research and scholarly activity as deemed appropriate by the Department Chair.
- Other functions supporting the department and its contribution to the mission and vision of SOMA.
- Skill requirements are covered under family medicine or other primary care specialty board certification.
- Prior experience working with medical students.
- Experience with Osteopathic Manipulative treatment is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, emailing, and public speaking.