Admissions Transfer Experience Coordinator
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience
• Master’s Degree in a related field
• Significant experience working with transfer students
• Experience working with the technology, data, policy and operations of the transfer admissions, evaluation, articulation and/or transition process.
The Office of Admissions at Iowa State University seeks a passionate transfer advocate to serve as our new Admissions Transfer Experience Coordinator Overseeing the Admissions Transfer Center, this position pulls together all aspects of the transfer experience, working closely with leaders and teams that carry out transfer recruitment, credit evaluation, admission, articulation, orientation and transition. This position will frame the transfer student experience as a key component of all recruitment and admissions services, and will serve as the “glue” that binds all services to provide a seamless transfer experience. This position reports to the Executive Director of Admissions and New Student Programs, and serves as a member of the Admissions Central Administrative Team. The chosen candidate will assist with the collection, analysis, testing, and documentation of data to support business operations. Prepare reports on data summaries, changes, and trends for use by management. Functions of this position include:
- Research and assess the transfer student recruitment and transition experience to identify gaps and opportunities to improve Iowa State’s service to transfer students; Gather, read and summarize reports, articles and information on the transfer experience from a variety of public and private sources; Collaboratively develop and execute business processes to streamline all aspects of the transfer experience; Lead and participate in committees and work groups aimed at supporting transfer student preparation, retention and success; Serve as project manager on transfer-related initiatives; Serve as a knowledge base on and contact for non-traditional students and those who serve them; Consider and advocate on behalf of multi-dimensional identities carried by our students
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with administrators, faculty and advisors at community colleges in Iowa, nationally and internationally; Host and support advisor programming on and off-campus; Stay abreast of programmatic changes at partner colleges to inform articulation agreement development and updates; Visit community colleges in Iowa and nearby states to share information regarding Iowa State programs and articulation; Participate in statewide transfer initiatives and programs; Partner with the Office of the Registrar to share program information and articulation priorities
- Oversee physical and virtual transfer centers; Serve as the first impression of Iowa State to visiting students; Connect students with staff based on their needs; Identify resources and programming helpful to transfer students and their matriculation; Collaborate with partners within Admissions and Enrollment Management, throughout the university and externally to provide appropriate support to transfer students as a population and as individual students; Present to individual and groups of prospective students, families and other audiences
- Use data and work with vendors to identify prospect sources; Make purchasing decisions and load data into existing systems; Utilize campus data systems and data visualization tools to recognize trends and inform recruitment efforts; Work with academic colleges to identify student contact sources and to develop robust prospect pools; Serve on the Admissions data team and work closely with Enrollment Research and Analytics to identify and consider data sources; Build reports and visualizations of transfer-related data
- Drive communication with incoming transfer students; Work alongside Admissions Marketing and our Salesforce team to develop messaging, content, communication flow structure and segmenting to engage transfer students throughout their transition to Iowa State
- Develop and maintain the administrative operation of the Admissions Partnership Program; Regularly reassess and improve the program to serve students’ needs; Consider and support the transition of high school students who have decided to attend community college prior to attending Iowa State, both post-secondary and through dual enrollment; Work closely with academic partners to ensure the program is efficient and effective, and meeting their enrollment goals; Review and update program communication flows regularly; Track and encourage student participation in the program
- Support the orientation and transition experience of transfer students by collaboratively developing messaging, programming and outreach strategies with New Student Programs; Facilitate transfer orientation programming; Ensure transfer students are considered and served through first-year experience communication flows;
- Contribute to recruitment of transfer students to serve in NSP and recruitment student groups; Develop transfer-specific content for on-line and in-person orientation and transition programming
- Lead innovation activities to identify new strategies; Participate in standard Admissions activities including recruitment and orientation programming; Represent Iowa State at conferences and other events
Salary range for this position is $60,000 –70,000 or more depending on candidate's work experience.