North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
North Carolina Central University's Department of Language and Literature invites applications for a tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor of Spanish. Our department offers many of the university's General Education courses, including as Elementary Spanish I and II, as well as a variety of intermediate and advanced courses in Spanish. We seek a versatile colleague with a record of teaching Spanish in traditional and online classroom environments.
The faculty member will teach four courses per semester, usually two to three Elementary Spanish and one to two intermediate or advanced level courses for majors and minors. We especially encourage candidates with demonstrated ability to teach lower-level and upper-level courses.
Tenure track faculty are expected to conduct scholarly research for publication; maintain involvement in professional organizations; actively advise and recruit students; and provide departmental, university, community, and professional service.
Ph.D. in hand
• A doctorate in Spanish, Romance Languages with an emphasis in Afro-Hispanic Literature, Latin American Literature, or Chicano/Latino Literature, or other related field.
• Experience teaching Spanish at the college level.
• Record of scholarly publication with potential to continue a research agenda.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Academic experience working with a diverse population.
• Cultural Studies background with an emphasis in Africa and/or Latin America
• Women’s and Gender Studies
• Evidence of potential to teach a range of courses within Spanish language, literature, and culture.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript and submit to a background investigation.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.