Job ID: 226189
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0544100 - Advancement Services
Provide specialized research support for Advancement Services, Development, Annual Giving and Alumni Relations departments within University Advancement Division to support University-wide fundraising efforts.
Participate in creation, interpretation, and maintenance of organizational policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and thoroughness in prospect research.
Analyze data and prepares reports on corporations, private foundations and individual prospective and current donors to support University-wide development efforts. Conducts searches for new corporate, foundation and individual funding sources. Collects and analyzes data to identify and qualify new prospects.
Updates and maintains central donor prospect files (database). Assists with other development activities (e.g.: campaign events, trend analysis, etc.) as required.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Utilize prospect research skills, tools and resources to collect biographical, business, and financial data on individual, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Proactive research for new individual, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Assist in developing strategies for cultivating prospects and identifying prospects for specific funding needs by evaluating the wealth indicators, financial capacity, interest and propensity
- Assist in monitoring and communicating prospect status to development officers and management.
- Analyze and interpret relevant data to help qualify prospects and prepare appropriate research reports for use by development officers and senior management, including prospective donor lists for the development team to review to further qualify new prospects.
- Follow data security and privacy policies
- Develop and maintain current policy and procedure documentation relevant to the prospect research function.
- Bachelor's degree
Other Required Qualifications
- Understanding of what constitutes relevant information and how to analyze that information to support prospect research and analytics
- Proficiency in determining the quality, reliability and accuracy of sources
- Three (3) or more years of work-related experience in prospect research or related field
$37,450 - $39,500
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Raiser's Edge/NXT, and ResearchPoint, utilizing both free and fee-based research services, Google applications (including email, docs, calendar, etc), as well as Zoom.
- Adhere to institutional policy and procedures to obtain goals in support of University's mission for student success
- Experience in research or prospect management preferred
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic. Able to work as a team and as an independent individual.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Apply Before Date
May 7, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment or possibly remotely.
- May be situated at workstation performing duties for long periods.
- May be required to assist in physical execution of donor and related events.
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=226189&PostingSeq=1